Name:
Location: Victoria, Australia

Monday, February 26, 2007

Febuary Update ...


Pic 1: Mitchell (nephew, who is nearly 2) & Gramps celebrating Da's 70th birthday with a family dinner.

Pic 2: VERY pregnant Nicole (6 months!) with cousin Victoria who is also pregnant (though a month, and about 50 kilos behind!) at Tulla airport as they depart home for Sweden!


OK I admit it, it all got to me recently … and quite frankly I don’t feel too bad about it! After all we have moved countries, which meant packing up our lives, spent 2 months travelling on route, had to find a new home and jobs, as well as dealing with Christmas stress not to mention all this whilst being pregnant. So I am not letting myself feel too guilty about my lack of communication – though there are some friends who are owed phone calls, visits and dinners …

The good news is after viewing what felt like a million houses we have a new home! It is absolutely perfect (air conditioning and all). Moving wasn’t too traumatic, thanx to our wonderful friends and family, though unpacking is drag, especially when you find boxes untouched since 1989 (I kid you not!!!) needless to say we are very happy to have all our possessions in the one place, though they are not in the “right” place and a lot still in boxes we are beginning to feel a lot more settled!

I can not forget to mention our wonderful friends and family who have donated SO much furniture, toys and other baby necessities (well apparently I need all this stuff, I really have no idea and just taking this all on faith!!) and I am decked out in a multitude of cast off’s from pre pregnant people– yippee for generous friends!!!

The Alien is growing away - far too big for my liking actually, partly because I have contracted gestational diabetes, yes you read right GESTATIONAL DIABETES somehow this pregnancy is blocking the insulin (which should rectify itself once Alien has been delivered!) but in the mean time, though I have given up cigarettes and alcohol I have also have to forgo CHOCOLATE and pretty much everything else sweet … yes the only time I actually have a sweet tooth and I can’t satisfy it Aaagghhhhhhhh!!!

This also means the Alien is getting lots of sugar hence it’s size (above average, gulp and an increased risk for a need for a C section), the only other symptom it may suffer is hyperglycaemia for a brief time (48 hours or so) though I am at greater risk of type 2 diabetes in the future, provided I stick to the diet (ugghhhhhh) it will all be OK …

So the next time you think about reaching for a piece or another glass, go on, have one for me!!!

Until next time

Cheers

2 Comments:

Blogger groovyjoss said...

Mitchel can't possibly be that grown up. Can he?

1:17 am  
Blogger groovyjoss said...

Me again, No Alcohol, cigarettes OR sugar?? Are you dead yet?

10:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home