OVER IT
Not much to tell, we have been busy preparing for the Aliens arrival, painting the repaired cot, some drawers, fitting the baby seat, the hospital bag is packed and we are counting down the days (not that we are expecting Alien to arrive on the due date but if it is only 25 days to go ….)
We are only 35 and half weeks (at 36 weeks Alien is fully cooked and is considered fully term!) we are anticipating an early arrival – at 29 weeks we where told Alien was already bigger than average and since the on set of gestational diabetes it has continued growing at a rapid pace I don’t think the Alien can get much bigger (though no doubt I will be wrong …groan!!!!) The skin on my belly feels like it’s stretched to it’s max and judging by the limited movement Alien doesn’t have a lot a room (this is not to say I don’t get kicked, elbowed, punched or kneed on a regular basis, particularly when I am trying to sleep, I fear this is a sign of things to come!)
We have completed 4 of the 5 pre natal classes, and all this new found knowledge hasn’t made us (or should I say me) less fearful of the birth process, I think I was living in ignorant bliss, I just have to remember how many people there are on the planet and realise they all got here the same way the Alien is going to!!!
Just a reminder to anyone planning to visit me in hospital a cuddle (of Alien) will cost you Champagne and or Chocolate!
If your curious about the picture attached to this, we have seen some gorgeous professional shots of pregnant belly’s but found our for a sitting it’s in excess of $300 (and then there’s the prints them selves) so we have had a go at a do it yourself job …what do you think (yeah I know the model leaves a lot to be desired!!!
Unless anything exciting happens the next entry will hopefully accompany a pic of the Alien (rather than my belly!) Yippee – I for one can’t wait!!!
Cheers
We are only 35 and half weeks (at 36 weeks Alien is fully cooked and is considered fully term!) we are anticipating an early arrival – at 29 weeks we where told Alien was already bigger than average and since the on set of gestational diabetes it has continued growing at a rapid pace I don’t think the Alien can get much bigger (though no doubt I will be wrong …groan!!!!) The skin on my belly feels like it’s stretched to it’s max and judging by the limited movement Alien doesn’t have a lot a room (this is not to say I don’t get kicked, elbowed, punched or kneed on a regular basis, particularly when I am trying to sleep, I fear this is a sign of things to come!)
We have completed 4 of the 5 pre natal classes, and all this new found knowledge hasn’t made us (or should I say me) less fearful of the birth process, I think I was living in ignorant bliss, I just have to remember how many people there are on the planet and realise they all got here the same way the Alien is going to!!!
Just a reminder to anyone planning to visit me in hospital a cuddle (of Alien) will cost you Champagne and or Chocolate!
If your curious about the picture attached to this, we have seen some gorgeous professional shots of pregnant belly’s but found our for a sitting it’s in excess of $300 (and then there’s the prints them selves) so we have had a go at a do it yourself job …what do you think (yeah I know the model leaves a lot to be desired!!!
Unless anything exciting happens the next entry will hopefully accompany a pic of the Alien (rather than my belly!) Yippee – I for one can’t wait!!!
Cheers
1 Comments:
I really love that picture, I wish I could have been there to photograph you, but I guess it's too late now!!
Post a Comment
<< Home